A week ago we had a unplanned family outing. It started with Nate coming over for a couple of hours. He usually took Friday’s off to spend with Kristen because she had ever other Friday off. Well, so now instead he has spent the last two Fridays here thinking about missing Kristen. I decided instead of Ken and I going out that we needed to spend the time with Nate. Sarah happened to call and ask if anything was going on, so I told her dad, Nate and I were going out to dinner and would she like to go. She was excited and said yes. Then Avery came home and I invited him. Spencer was asleep and I decided not to ask him until the last possible second. Then I couldn’t leave Mandy out, so I invited her and she was excited. So we all convened upon the Chili’s in Centerville. It was a fun evening. We laughed and enjoyed a fine dinner together. Chili’s management felt back that it took them a long time to seat us so they gave us a free appetizer and a free dessert. I had a coupon for another free appetizer. Nate and I shared a plate and Avery only ordered a plate of loaded mashed potatoes. The rest ordered a reasonable meal. We ordered another dessert and we finished both off. We fed the seven of us for $60.00. I thought that was a steal and it is a great family memory!
Yesterday afternoon I came home from teaching school about 1:30 p.m. Nate was here playing on the Xbox. That guy is lonely. I told him I was sorry I wasn’t staying and went to De Ann’s to watch her kids. I watched them Tues. - Fri. This week was early out all week for the traditional schools but not for her Charter School. Anyway, I watched Ky, Zander and Dresden. When I got home around 5:00 Nate was still here so I got to visit with him after all. Sarah brought Josh home on the bus with her. Avery went on a campout with the deacons of the ward even though he is a teacher now. He wanted to be with his friends and he enjoys campouts. So we had another Friday night with the kids, minus Mandy and Avery. It is just so much fun to see the older kids and the younger kids visiting and sharing advice on growing up. Spencer and Nate had too intense of a conversation together to come up and eat with us but I could tell they were both enjoying it. I am thankful to be at a time in our life that we can take the time to enjoy the kids instead of always breaking them up from fighting with each other. It is amazing what maturity does to them!
No comments:
Post a Comment