Saturday, January 30, 2010

A great way to start the day.....

This morning our Stake had a Women’s Conference. It started with a beautiful spread of fruits and muffins. They set up half circles so you can visit. It is interesting how often I see ladies from one ward in a circle. Ladies from another ward in the same circle. We don’t seem to mingle circles very often.

Fran from our ward motioned me over to where ladies from our ward were sitting. Sarah and I stopped by the Chapel first to maybe save a seat but it was already too late and we got there at 8:40 a.m. Lucky for me, Fran also saved me a seat in the Chapel. I have a hard time sitting on the chairs. Fran is a good friend who always takes care of everyone. Last year during my marathon of surgeries, Fran made it her job to do cleaning for me. She came over once a week for months to vacuum my house. Let me just tell you that the vacuuming my kids do is nothing compared to Fran’s vacuuming. She would have cleaned every bathroom and windows and anything else if I let her. I kept her to vacuuming. She also changed my sheets every week. She is my great friend and no matter how hard you try to convince me, I will not introduced her to you!

At 10:00 we met in the chapel for a few talks. The first one was the wife of Russell M. Nelson. The second was Sherri Dew. I have never heard her in person, so it was enjoyable to be a couple of rows from her. I could have sworn that she was looking and talking just to me. I left feeling lifted and spiritually fed! I still have some things that she suggested that we could work on, so I will.

Now we have three little boys and a little girl running around the house. Sarah has a way of getting them going wild. I am watching the kids so that my sister and parents could go watch Ken’s play. Tonight is closing night and this afternoon they added a matinee. They also added one last Saturday to get everyone in who wanted to watch the show. Have a wonderful rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers