Monday, January 31, 2011

Sarah’s married....






It has been a few weeks to get to this point but I didn’t want to go too long without blogging about Sarah’s wedding. On January 8th we took both Sarah and Spencer to the Bountiful Temple to receive their own endowment. It was a wonderful day and one I never want to forget. Spencer received his mission call to the Florida, Orlando, Spanish speaking mission, just three days prior. I took some family names that we did and later took those that stayed and we did sealings. The sealer called up Josh and Sarah. He told them that this was just a dry run. After the first sealing he said, “Now you two understand that I did not just seal you? You will have to wait til next week for that!” We all laughed. Spencer was called up to be a son, with Sarah and Josh, as mom and dad. Ken and I did some sealings with Josh’s dad, Duane as a child. Brandi Devey stayed and did some daughters, one of which she did the endowment for. Her first name was Gracie, just like her and Darin’s youngest, named Grace. Nate and McKell also did some couples sealings. Later we went to the cafeteria for lunch. We were in the Temple for a total of 6 hours. It was a beautiful, wonderful, uplifting and satisfying day!

When we got home Sarah and I only had a 1/2 hour before we needed to be at a shower being thrown for Sarah. We rested for a minute or two and then went to a shower that Stacy Smoot and Jeri Dabling put on and invited ward ladies. It was very enjoyable and the ladies we so kind and giving. Sarah has received so many nice things from the showers that she had. When we got home we both pretty much crashed!

January 15th was the day of their Sealing. It was fun going early with Sarah and getting the opportunity to help her dress for her wedding day. The sealer did a fantastic job and it was a special treat to have Milo and Jackie there with us. They have lived in our home since September 17th, 2010. After the sealing we went out for pictures. It was a nice day because there was no snow, but it still was cold. Our neighbor LuAnn Anderson let us borrow a cape for Sarah to wear outside. It made a big difference for Sarah. It helped her to stay warm!

The luncheon was held at the 10th Ward building of the Salt Lake Park Stake, located on 400 S. and 800 E. It was so....nice to be able to relax and visit with family. I wasn’t worried at all about setting up for a Reception. Josh’s family did a great job on the luncheon. We were able to invite all of our family members who wanted to come. We did not exclude anyone. It was fun to have the neices and nephews there.

The Reception was held on January 22nd at the Salt Lake Park Stake Center. Our neighbor Sara Dickes did the decorations! She did a fabulous job. Lots of ward members from the 31st Ward were awestruck with the beauty. Many of them said that they had never seen the building look so beautiful! It was fun to see ward members from both wards. We did live in the 31st Ward for the first 7 years of our marriage, so it was fun to see old friends! For the treats, we had cake, eclairs, punch, lemon water and Temple mints. Mandy and Lucine helped me to make 500 mints for the reception. I still have lots if you would like any for a treat at the end of a lesson.

Sarah loved the reception. She was excited when she saw the Stake Center being decorated earlier in the day. Sarah and Josh made their own cake, that day. I think that was a little stressful for Sarah, but they wanted to make their own cake! I couldn’t believe the support from our ward. The Smith family mentioned how many people came from our ward and how few came from their ward. I was grateful for the support!

The only bad part of the day was that earlier in the day, a darling little boy, Bennett from our ward, passed away in his sleep the night before. They did not find out until later in the morning. I was devastated! I cried for several hours and then had to pull myself together to pull of a reception. Bennett Wilkinson was 20 months old. Just the Sunday before, he spent about a 1/2 hour of Sacrament Meeting on my lap. I talked with him, brush his eyebrows, held his cute little hands and colored with him. I have been holding Bennett since he was a baby. Everyone who know me knows how much I love children, especially babies. Every chance I get, I have held Bennett, putting him to sleep more than once. His spirit was strong and beautiful. He leaves behind a loving mother and adoring father, two sisters and one brother who will all miss him terribly. After the autopsy still no reason for his death. Heavenly Father must have needed him badly. I will miss Bennett. It was hard to see his family at church without him on Sunday! I miss baby Bennett!

On January 23rd, Sarah and Josh opened gifts. They only invited Josh’s mom and me. We took all their gifts to their apartment since they had already been on a short honeymoon. They were blessed with many wonderful gifts! Sarah and Josh seem to be enjoying being out on their own! We have already seen her and Josh more since they have been married, than we have seen Nate and McKell. They got married August 10th, 2010. We now have two married children, one preparing for a mission, and one living in Ogden, two 86 year olds and a 15 year old, living with us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soo glad that Sarah got married! You will hopefully have grandchildren soon:) Cute blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Followers