I just got back from the Instacare. No not for me. Not not for one of my kids. One of my nephews, Zander. My sister had an unexpected surgery Sunday morning. My brother-in-law was still at work. My mom called me over to see if I thought he needed stitches. Mom had been there doing laundry and helping De Ann. Mom and De Ann looked exhausted! I offered to take him. De Ann was worried he would put up a fit but he didn’t. When we got to the car he asked me if we were going to my house. He and Dresden have been at my house quite a bit over the last week. I told him no, that we were going to the Doctor so he could look at his head. He fell riding his bike. We watched the Disney channel in the waiting room. Hannah Montana was on. It is okay entertainment. The instacare was full especially since they were closing in an hour, everyone rushed in.
The nurse informed me on the way back that they had run out of numbing cream. That meant he would be numbed with a needle. I remained calm and read him a few books. They cleaned the wound and we waited some more. He giggled the whole time she was cleaning it out. Anytime anyone came in he giggled and pretended to squirt them with his new toy, the syringe they used for the clean out.
I guess today he was obsessed with the idea of a Zuzu pet. My mom said that was all he talked about all day. I have spent enough time with Zander to know that when he wants something he will ask and ask, and ask. I myself have experienced that determined side of him. I told him in the car on the way there that if he was good and didn’t cry and yell that we would buy a zuzu pet on the way home. That was a bribe that was worth the cost.
The doctor almost thought that the nurse had already deadened the spot. They were prepared to hold him down but he didn’t need it. He wined for a moment but that was it. When they stitched the head he giggled. He told them it tickled. Thank goodness. No fit, no crying, happy, nice boy. We went to Walmart immediately after and he picked out a brown hamster. Now it is time for bed so I can get up early to teach tomorrow. I am teaching 5th grade. Sleep tight. Don’t let the bedbugs bite!
No comments:
Post a Comment