







Last Saturday I hosted a Red Baron Pizza Party. Those of you that were there will have to tell me what you thought of it. I signed up for the opportunity to host the party online. They sent me supplies for the party including a pizza cutter for each guest. Closer to the date of the party they sent three deep dish pizzas and two different pasta’s.
I put together little gift bags for each guest and a few prizes. We also had rolls, fruit, vegetables, candy and treats. The hardest part of the evening was figuring out how to have three pizzas and two pasta dishes cooked and ready for the beginning of the party. Since the pastas needed to be cooked in the oven and not the microwave and took 30 min., I was a little thrown off on time.
Avery also had a make-up baseball game that afternoon. I ended up going to watch Avery and then rushing home to get the pasta started. I used the convention oven which cooks food faster but probably dried it out a bit. Once the pastas were done then I put all three pizzas in at once, also on the convection oven setting. Ken hates it when I cook with the convection oven, that’s when I say, “then why did we buy it?” It comes in handy because of the fan, it is a all over cook and I appreciate it, especially when I am in a hurry.
Watching Avery at the baseball game was fun. I got there a little late and he was excited to tell me that in the first inning he got on base and stole all the other bases and made it in home. He was practicing pitching along with another boy when I got there. They had Avery pitch all but the last inning. The fielding was pretty bad. Hits that should have only been singles sometimes turned into triples due to the fielding. They were ahead 4-2 until the last inning and they lost the game. They were supposed to play tonight but the game was cancelled because of the rain.
I went to the foot doctor today to find out why my foot goes numb and then starts aching. Have you noticed that when you go to the doctor to diagnose pain, the pain can’t be reproduced? That happens to me a lot. He wants me to try to reproduce the situations that cause me pain and then self diagnose the pain and report back to him in two weeks. The best part of the appointment was that he shaved off a callous from the same foot. I have been actively working on this callous for a long time, so it is nice to see it gone. The doctor said it will probably grow back but for the time being it is nice to have a normal shaped toe for now. Hope you enjoyed my ramblings of the day! Have a great nights sleep!
Debbie
That looks like fun- so do you have to review the products or anything?
ReplyDeleteYea, they want to hear back from me and my guests. I have signed up for a couple but I have not heard back on them. Anyone can sign up. www.houseparty.com
ReplyDelete