Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baseball fun!


These are pictures from some of Avery’s baseball games. He is on the Astros team. He is at the age where most boys drop out of city recreation ball and go to comp. ball. He is happy playing for fun still and I am all for that. There are only two teams for the kids his age in Centerville City. They play against teams from West Bountiful and Farmington.

His team has not been doing well but the kids don’t seem to mind. They have only won one game so far. Avery himself has really progressed so far this season. He plays in the pitching position, sometimes as the catcher, shortstop and first base. He loves anywhere the coach puts him. He loves baseball.

Hopefully they can start winning games on a regular basis. For me it has just been fun to be able to watch him. Last season was hard for me to enjoy because it was such a burden to get to the game. When I would get there it was hard to enjoy because I never really felt well but I wanted to support him. Now I go to support him but I really enjoy watching, even if they don’t win. Avery has such a positive attitude and doesn’t put himself down or the other boys. His coach asked him to be one of three team captains. He is taking the position very seriously and cheers on his teammates! It is really fun to watch him.

I really would like the weather to shape up though. I am getting tired of wrapping up in blankets, putting on gloves, having a umbrella handy, etc.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers